(Makes about 12 slices)
This recipe is gluten and dairy free but it’s so good that anyone will enjoy it and not just those who avoid these. I’ve used healthy and nutritious ingredients e.g. almond, coconut and chickpea flour, seeds to make this bread a healthier version compared to some. Have this as a snack or enjoy it as a breakfast topped with nut butter/ricotta/protein spread, grated apple and a drizzle of honey.
• ¾ cup coconut flour
• ¼ cup desiccated coconut
• ½ cup almond meal
• ½ cup chickpea flour (or preferred flour)
• ¼ cup chia seeds
• ¼ cup pumpkin seeds
• 1 teaspoon baking powder (gluten free or normal)
• ¼ cup stevia powder e.g. Natvia
• 4 medium bananas, mashed
• 5 eggs, beaten
• 2 tablespoons coconut oil (or preferred oil)
• 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
• ¼ cup almond milk (can use regular milk or rice or coconut)
Pre-heat oven to 180°C.
• Combine all dry ingredients in a bowl. Then add all the wet ingredients and stir well until all ingredients are combined well and smooth.
• Line a loaf tin with baking paper and grease with oil spray or preferred oil.
• Pour banana mix into the loaf tin and place in the oven at 180°C for 40 minutes.
• Remove when done and allow to cool slightly before slicing. Enjoy hot or cold.