Do you have avocado that is going ripe and you need to use it? Here’s a great dessert recipe using avocado – yes avocado for dessert!
• 2 ½ medium avocados
• 2 ½ tablespoons cocoa powder
• 20g stevia powder or 10 x 2g sachets
• 3 tablespoons lite coconut milk (or preferred milk)
• ¼ cup desiccated coconut
• 3 tablespoons freshly squeezed orange juice
• ½ – 1 tablespoon orange rind (I used 1)
• ¼ cup chopped walnuts (or preferred nuts)
• ¼ cup currants (or you could use other dried fruit)
• In a food processor add all ingredients except the walnuts and currants. Process until smooth. Stir through the walnuts and currants.
• Serve in 3-4 serving glasses and decorate with a sprinkle with additional walnuts, currants and desiccated coconut if desired.
• Place in the fridge for an hour before serving to cool. Enjoy as a dessert or a snack.
Note: This recipe is vegan, dairy free, gluten free and egg free. If you have specific intolerances, check the ingredients and substitute certain ingredients for something more suitable.