Have you ever looked at the muesli section at the supermarket and wondered if they are all that healthy? In fact some of them appear to have more dried fruit or added sugar than oats! Making muesli is so easy and allows you to add all your favourite healthy ingredients, so make my own. Here’s my delicious recipe!
(Makes 7 cups or 14-20 serves)
• 4 cups traditional oats
• 1 cup mixed nuts and seeds (I used chia seeds, flaxseeds, pumpkin seeds, chopped almonds)
• 1 cup dried fruit, finely chopped (I used dates, and apricots)
• ½ cup coconut pieces
• ½ cup psyllium husks
• 2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
1. Add all ingredients to a large bowl and combine well. Store in an airtight jar until use.
2. Serve with milk or yoghurt. Serve size is ¼ – ½ cup.
• Make in larger bulks so you don’t have to make too regularly.
• You can also choose to use other nuts, seeds or dried fruit.