Makes about 9 slices)
- 2 ½ cups dates or 300g date paste
- ½ cup almond meal
- ½ cup / 125ml espresso coffee (can omit this and just use cacao if desired)
- ½ – ¾ cup 100% cacao or cocoa powder (Quantity depends on how strong you like it, you may want to try ½ cup and add more if desired)
- ½ cup desiccated coconut
- ¼ cup roughly chopped walnuts (can use other nuts or even toasted almonds for additional flavour)
- Place all ingredients except the walnuts in a food processor and process until smooth. Add a little water or milk if too dry and won’t process.
- Line a 20-25cm square tin with baking paper. Empty the brownie mix into the tin and smooth evenly to cover the base. Sprinkle the walnuts over the top.
- Place in the refrigerator for 1 hour. Cut into about 9 slices. Enjoy.