If you want something delicious but different that is high in fibre for breakfast then try making this chocolate smoothie bowl.
- ½ brown pear
- 5 small dates or 2-3 Medjool dates
- 2 tbsp traditional oats or quinoa flakes or cooked quinoa/buckwheat
- ½ tbsp chia seeds
- ½ tbsp linseeds
- 1 tbsp psyllium husks
- 1 tbsp cacao or cocoa powder
- 1 tsp stevia powder e.g. Natvia or your preferred sweetener
- ¼ cup ice
- ¼ – ½ cup almond milk or preferred milk (start with ¼ and can add more if too thick)
- 8 hazelnuts
- 1 tbsp vanilla pea protein or preferred protein powder (optional)
- Additional toppings: mixed fruit salad e.g. banana, figs, grapes and seeds e.g. chia, linseeds, pumpkin seeds etc
- Add all ingredients except the additional toppings into a blender and blend until it becomes smooth and thick like a custard.
- Pour into a serving bowl and top with additional seeds and mixed fruit and enjoy as a breakfast or dessert (serves 2 as a snack).