- 8 Large field mushrooms, stalks removed
- 200-250g low fat fresh ricotta cheese
- 1 medium onion, very finely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, very finely chopped
- 150g frozen spinach, chopped up finely
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh oregano or basil
- 2 tablespoons chopped shallots
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ – ¾ tablespoon per mushroom low fat grated mozzarella (to top)
- Dry oregano, additional pepper and salt to top (optional)
- Olive oil spray
Pre-heat oven to 200°C.
- In a large bowl add the ricotta, onion, garlic, spinach, fresh oregano/basil, shallots, salt and pepper. Combine well. Taste for seasoning (salt and pepper) and adjust if necessary.
- Spray a baking tray with olive oil spray and place each mushroom on tray like cups. Evenly fill each mushroom with ricotta mix. Top each with the grated cheese, a pinch of dry oregano and a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Place in the pre-heated over to bake for 20-25 minutes or until cheese goldens on top.
- Serve hot or cold with a salad.
- Store left-overs in the fridge.
- There’s many variations that can be done to this recipe e.g. you can add finely chopped sundried tomatoes, olives, marinated eggplant and chargrilled capsicum into the stuffing mix.
- If you have had bariatric surgery, this recipe will make 8 serves.