- 2-3 tablespoons chia seeds
- 2/3 cup milk of choice (I like a combination of almond and lite coconut milks)
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 sachet stevia powder e.g. Natvia (½ may even be enough) (can use other sweeteners e.g. maple syrup, honey etc)
- 5 dates chopped
- 5 chopped almonds
- In a serving jar or bowl, add the chia seeds, milk, vanilla and half the dates. Combine, cover and put in the fridge over night or for about 6 hours.
- Take out of the fridge; it should have thickened to custard like consistency. Add the remaining dates and the chopped almonds.
- Enjoy as a delicious breakfast.
Nutrition: 1435kJ/343 cal, 31.7g carbohydrates, 30.4g sugar (dates and milk), 14.6g protein, 14.4g fat, 2.5g saturated fat, 14.7g dietary fibre, 364mg calcium