Looking for something yummy but different from the usual breakfast? This porridge recipe uses cashews instead of oats. For a delicious change, try this cashew & coconut porridge.
- ¾ cup cashews soaked overnight (1 cup soaked)
- ¼ cup desiccated coconut
- ¼ cup lite coconut milk (or preferred milk)
- ¼ cup mango pieces, plus extra to serve (can use other fruit e.g. pear, peach, persimmon etc)
- ¼ – ½ teaspoon nutmeg (depending on preference)
- 2 tablespoon Natvia stevia (or preferred sweetening agent)
Place all ingredients into a food processor and process until almost smooth – leave a little bit of chunky bits for texture.
Berry Compote Ingredients
- 2/3 cup blueberries
- ¼ cup water
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Natvia stevia (or preferred sweetening agent)
Add blueberries and water into a small saucepan & cook on medium-high heat until the berries have soaked up half the water. Add the lemon juice and the sweetener, stir well and cook until thickened to your preference stirring occasionally.
In 2 or 3 serving bowls, evenly divide the porridge and then top with the berry compote, extra mango and if desired some mixed seeds e.g. linseeds / flaxseeds, chia seeds and pumpkin seeds.