Have you ever needed or wanted bread but didn’t have any or was on a weight loss plan that limited it?
Then try using grilled eggplant instead! Slice it about 3/4 of a centimetre thick and grill it on a grill or sandwich press (I use my flat surface Breville sandwich press) until it just softens (I added a little salt & pepper for taste). Then top with your favourite sandwich toppings! Pictured was my lunch yesterday with hummus, salad and eggs.
Some reasons where this could be handy:
- You ran out of bread at home
- You are making sandwiches for lunch and have a gluten-free guest coming but no gluten-free bread
- You work in a restaurant that has sandwiches on the menu but no gluten-free bread to serve anyone that needs to avoid gluten
- You are on a weight loss plan that limits the amount of bread you can have
- You are trying to cut down on your carbohydrate and kilojoule intake at some meals
- You want to increase your vegetable intake
Whatever your reason, it tastes great, is good for you and helps you increase your vegetable intake – so give it a try!