My mum makes the best roast vegetables and like a little kid, I get very excited when she is making it! So I decided to write down her recipe and share it as it’s too good to not pass on!
- 2 medium or 1 large eggplants, chopped into 2-3cm cubes
- 1 red capsicum, chopped into 2-3cm pieces
- 2 large onions, finely chopped
- 5 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 large zucchini, chopped into 1.5cm semi-circles
- ½ medium pumpkin, chopped into 6 x 2cm pieces
- 2 small sweet potatoes, chopped into 1-1.5cm circles (omit if you are doing low carb)
- 2 medium potatoes, cut into 1.5cm cubes (omit if you are doing low carb)
- 3 large cauliflower florets, chopped into smaller florets
- 3 large tomatoes, finely chopped
- ½ cup fresh oregano, roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 ½ teaspoons paprika
- ½ cup tomato paste
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
Pre-heat oven to 250 degrees Celsius
- Add all ingredients to a large baking dish about 45cm long by 30cm wide and using your hands combine all ingredients well.
- Place in the pre-heated oven and roast for 10 minutes and then reduce heat to 220 degrees Celsius and roast for a further 35 minutes or until vegetables are soft.
- Remove from heat and serve with roast chicken, grilled salmon, tofu or your favourite alternative.