Mangoes can be used in many recipes. These truffles make a healthy & tasty snack. You can use other fruits if preferred e.g. banana or berries. This recipe is also vegan, gluten-free & dairy-free.
- 1 cup mango cubes (you can add a little more for a stronger flavour)
- 1 ½ cups almond meal
- ½ cup cashews (or any other nut)
- 1/3 cup desiccated coconut
- 2 tbsp maple syrup (can do 3 if you prefer it sweeter)
- Extra desiccated coconut for coating.
- In a food processor, process the cashews until small chunky bits like the size you see in crunchy peanut butter. Remove and put into a medium mixing bowl.
- Add all remaining ingredients except the extra coconut into the food processor & process until smooth.
- Pour into the bowl with the cashews & combine well. Roll mixture into 2-3cm diameter balls & coat with extra coconut.
- Enjoy as a snack, store in the fridge.