- 1 cup tahini (sesame seed paste)
- ½ cup honey (could use maple syrup, or a sweetener instead to reduce sugar content but not sure if it will be as nice with a sweetener)
- 1 cup desiccated coconut
- ½ cup seeds e.g. flaxseed/linseed, chia seeds, pumpkin seeds or a mix of them all
- ½ cup dried apricots, finely chopped
- 1¼ – 1½ cup chopped almonds (can use ½ cup almond meal and process 1 cup raw almonds in the food processor so you have chunky pieces)
- ½ cup of currants
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- For coating: extra desiccated coconut, sesame seeds (raw or freshly toasted)
- In a large bowl combine all ingredients until well combined. If too wet, add a bit more almond meal. If too dry, add a bit more tahini or you can add water or milk of choice.
- Roll into 2-3cm diameter balls.
- In 2 small bowls put plain or toasted sesame seeds and desiccated coconut. Roll the balls into the coconut or the sesame seeds to cover all. (It should be wet enough to hold sesame seeds or desiccated coconut)
*Nutrition per bliss ball: 582kJ / 139 cal, 3.1g protein, 7.9g fat, 13.4g carbohydrates, 2.1g fibre